The piano should be repaired in time if it is malfunctioning. Once the piano is faulty, it is easy to damage the internal parts when playing. The reasonable maintenance time is to conduct a comprehensive maintenance at least once a year. It would be better if you can check the tuning effect every three or two months. This is because with the change of seasons, the tension of the strings will change, which will directly affect the pitch. Regular maintenance and tuning can find problems in time and eliminate faults, so that the piano is always in the best working condition. In addition, in daily situations, do not place decorations such as photo frames, vases, etc. on the piano, so as not to affect the sound when playing or damage the surface of the piano body due to the broken decorations.
In short, as long as the piano is meticulously maintained and prevent problems before it happens, the lifespan of a piano will be very long, it can accompany a person's life, and even serve several generations.
The piano should not be exposed to direct sunlight, nor should it be placed next to heating equipment. Otherwise, the soundboard will crack, the wooden parts will be deformed, degummed, and other accessories will be easily damaged. Therefore, the placement of the piano should be ventilated, moisture-proof, and away from heating equipment.
Moisture-proof，Prevent the keyboard bed from sinking
Most of the components of the piano are wood and iron, and the combination is mainly screwed and glued. When the piano is damp, many parts will become inflexible, the steel wire and metal parts will rust, the wooden parts will be deformed, and the glued parts will be degummed. Once the piano is severely damp, the quality of the whole piano will decrease, and it will even be difficult to use. Therefore, it is very important to prevent the piano from getting wet, and it should be paid more attention to in the humid areas of the south. If the room where the piano is placed is damp, it is best to make a small wooden table. Put the piano on a wooden table, and put some quicklime under the table. If conditions permit, you can put some desiccant inside the piano for better results. The desiccant can be packed in several small cloth bags, and the small cloth bags can be taken out to dry regularly in the wet season, and then put them in the piano.
In order to protect the piano, some people use flannel to make the piano cover tightly from top to bottom, and even add several layers of plastic sheet to wrap the piano. In this way, it seems subjectively to protect the piano, but it is actually damaging the piano. The inside of the piano is not ventilated, and the inside is more susceptible to moisture. In fact, it is enough to cover the piano with a layer of cloth to prevent dust from entering. In case of water entering the piano, please promptly ask the technician to clean it carefully.
Toyo Piano uses an all-aluminum alloy structure keyboard bed, which can effectively prevent piano data changes caused by moisture on the piano. The keyboard bed greatly improves the stability of the piano.
• The keyboard of the piano shall be wiped after usage. For stains like sweat, please wipe it longitudinally from its inside towards your direction with a slightly wet soft cloth, and then wipe dry it in the same way. If necessary, please use a special cleaner instead of alcohol and other corrosive contents.
• The generally most suitable environment for piano is as follows: temperature 15℃-25℃, and humidity 50%-70%.
• Since dust is the main cause of rust, please pay attention to the dust prevention for the piano.
• The piano also needs "breathing", so please open the piano top cover and keyboard cover regularly.
• Please play it occasionally even if it is the infrequently used piano key.
• Please often dry the piano cover to avoid the rust inside the piano caused by the moisture if you use the piano cover.
Shanghai Liaison Office: Jinhui Town, Fengxian District, Shanghai, China
Manufacturing base: Huzhou City, Zhejiang Province, China